Thursday, April 9, 2009

Look at these Kentucky Blue Beans - they look like a little bean forest in the flat the seeds were planted in.  They are so ready to get put in the ground, I planted the seeds about ten days ago and can't believe how quickly they have popped up.  Hopefully the rain will slow down a little this afternoon and I will be able to get them in the ground.  These are pole beans so we will need to decide whether to build tepees or a trellis for them to climb, I think the tepees would be cooler and add some visual interest to the garden but a trellis might be more practical, hmmmm wonder which will win over?

The Pencil Pod Black Wax Beans, bet it will surprise you to know these are yellow beans, also popped up, no trellis needed for these, they are bush beans so they only need to be staked.

I was excited this morning to see the first Yellow Crookneck squash poking up through the potting soil it's funny how fast things are moving along, I thought it would take much more time for the seeds to get going, but I guess all that warmth and light really accelerated the timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment