Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Garden Beauty & Bounty

Well, I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of the garden yesterday morning, I took pictures of both the east and west sides, it looks so inviting right now with all of the blooming flowers, and pretty greens of the vegetables.

I'm working on getting a picture of the entire yard, that however requires that the patio be cleaned off and presentable since some of it will have to show, and its a little chaotic at the moment!

This morning I picked the ripe beans and tomatoes, and realized I now have enough basil for a batch of pesto - yummy, I can't wait.

I prepared the beans and dove into my first "pressure canning" project.   I actually did a practice run yesterday with the new Presto Pressure Canner, I didn't want to have any questions when I was in the middle of it today!  It went very well, each of the three jars sealed appropriately and they look kind of pretty.  I think I am going to need some smaller jars, the quart size will be just a little too big for a two person portion and I would prefer not to have left overs when I open our canned veggies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment