Saturday, July 11, 2009

Presto Pesto

Yesterday I decided to make a little pesto pasta.

I picked two cups worth of basil from the, Sweet Basil, and Pesto Perpetua Basil plants and went to town.

Pesto is really quite easy, its all about having the right ingredients on hand, I was lucky that I had some pine nuts on the cupboard from a salad earlier in the year.

The recipe is as follows:

2 cups fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup shopped pine nuts
1/2 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

You just put all of the ingredients in a blender and presto you have pesto!

I stirred it in with my pasta and then threw some of the yellow cherry tomatoes on top, as you can see I paired it with a little Pizza Margherita, I used the Sweet Basil leaves on this pizza and the Super San Marzano Roma tomatoes.

It was yummy and so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment